Think outside the cube for your next event!
Check out our Custom Sugar Look Book on Pinterest for lots of fun ideas, read the info below, and then fill out the form at the bottom of the page to get a custom estimate emailed to you.
Austin Sugarworks is proud to offer custom-order sugars for our customers.
Our sugars are:
- made of superfine sugar that dissolves quickly and fully
- easy to customize with fun, all-natural flavor possibilities
- vegan; made with vegetable based colorants and pure extracts
- unique, beautiful and functional items
"...They were a HUGE hit. Elayne even wrapped them individually for us and I found out later that tons of guests stuck them in their purses to take home...they were not only putting them in their coffee, they were eating them like candy and loved them! If you are having a party or even just want a little oomph when having friends over for coffee or tea, you must get these sugars. Not only are they exquisite, they taste so, so good!" - Hillary B. (on Yelp)
Shapes: We can create a surprising variety of shapes and textures with our specialty sugar, but due to our unique hand-made process:
- all sugar designs must have at least one flat side (i.e. a bottom of some sort)
- all designs need to be a two-dimensional format (i.e. we can't do a really thin piece of sugar with a bunch of writing on it or a photo)
- certain details (i.e. small writing or unusual angles) may not work well in sugar form. If you have a logo you would like rendered into sugars, we can work with you to convert it into a two-dimensional format; extra charges apply.
- custom (meaning not off-the-shelf) shapes are most cost-effective for customers who are looking for at least a few thousand sugars.
Colors: Keep in mind that sugar is really white! so in order to create truly vivid or dark colors (i.e. a red or burnt orange, for example), we would need to add a LOT of vegetable colorant. Not only is this inefficient, but this would simply be off-putting. Therefore, we've designed our standard palette around colors that work best with sugar, in both pre-beverage and post-beverage forms. If all else fails, remember, white is a beautiful color for a sugar, too, and very elegant!
Packaging: We will gladly work with you on your packaging or display idea for your event...whether that is fun candy dishes, plastic candy bins with scoops or tall apothecary jars with tongs. For those who choose to get their sugars individually, you have the option of including a small note, photo in each, or to adorn them with custom labels or stickers.